This is one of my favorite fall recipes. Serving size is about 4 depending on how hungry you are haha! The biggest time saver for this recipe is using Trader Joes precut butternut squash! It is a life saver!
- Prepare a large pan and heat with olive oil. Once heated, add precut butternut squash to pan and cook until tender. If you didn’t purchase the precut squash, then peel and dice prior to cooking.
- Boil the ears of corn and once they are cooled, cut corn off the cob
- Cut the onion and mince the garlic
- Once butternut squash is cooked, remove from pan. Using the same pan, heat the butter and add onions and garlic. Cook about five minutes or until fragrant.
- Add uncooked rice to pan and stir for one minute
- Add chicken stock (or broth) and bring to a boil. Once boiling point is reached, reduce and simmer until the rice is al dente.
- Add corn, squash, herbs, and cream and cook for five minutes
- Remove pan from heat and season with salt and pepper. Right before serving, top with shredded cheese and enjoy!