Hey guys! Sorry I have been MIA! I have kind of been in a funk about not having a job for so long! I’m going to continue to stay positive and keep applying because negativity doesn’t boost you forward.
We made this recipe on Monday night from a past Blue Apron meal and modified it to make it a little healthier! If only I could take full credit for this scrumptious dish (haha!). I listed the recipe below- please excuse my lack of food photography… we were starving!
Green Gnocchi Goodness Recipe
2 Servings Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 bag of Trader Joes Cauliflower Gnocchi
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of kale
- 2 ears of corn ( or more if you are obsessed like me)
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 large bunch of basil
- 4 tablespoons of butter ( I used the light butter)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- optional – 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Wash all produce.
- Prepare the fresh ingredients: cut the corn off the cob, dice the bell pepper into small pieces, peel and mince garlic (I use a garlic press– if you don’t have one … GET ONE NOW because it makes life so much easier), remove and discard kale stems and chop leaves.
- Heat a large pan with 2-3 teaspoons of olive oil. Once the pan is hot, add half of the garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook for one minute until garlic becomes fragrant. Add the kale and season again with salt and pepper. Stir frequently for 1-2 minutes and then add 1/2 cup of water and continue cooking and stirring for about 7 minutes or until the water has cooked off. Once water is cooked off, remove kale from pan to cutting board and add half of the basil.
- Using the same pan, melt the butter on medium heat. Once the butter is mostly melted, add the chopped bell pepper, corn, remaining garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes stirring frequently. Optional- add as much red pepper flakes as you want. Continue cooking for another 2 minutes or until the veggies are softened slightly.
- While the veggies are cooking, heat another pan with 2 Tablespoons of olive oil. Once oil is heated, add the frozen package of gnocchi to the pan. Cook about 7-9 minutes or until the gnocchi is slightly golden brown. (The package says to add water but I think it made them more soggy.)
- Add the gnocchi and the basil- kale mix back into the vegetable pan. Add one tsp of olive oil to the final mixture and stir.
- Serve in two bowls with fresh basil and grated parmesan sprinkled on top to complete the dish. Enjoy!
*tips- I use the cauliflower gnocchi instead of potato gnocchi to save calories in this meal but even the hubby couldn’t taste the difference!
Weekend Event Plans!
I am so excited to visit the Texas State Fair! This weekend is opening weekend and it will be my first time. I am going with a few friends who are newbies as well. I PROMISE (not to be MIA anymore) to share the recap on Monday! Can’t wait to try some great fair food haha!
For Dallas readers.. if you aren’t going to the Texas State Fair, then you should definitely go to Gelato Festival this weekend. I’m still trying my best to figure out a way to attend.
Even though I am pumped about the State Fair, I am most excited to end my Saturday night as a blogger who is invited to help with press and celebrate the gorgeous ladies of Bold Babes Dallas! They are doing a big launch party Saturday night from 7-9 pm. Is there anything better than supporting strong women who are making waves through the business community in Dallas?? Get your tickets to the event here! Hope to see some of yall there!
I am meeting up with some girl friends before the Heather McDonald Juicy Scoop Live Show with Brandi and Stephanie from RHOD! I’m so excited for a fun girls night filled with lots of laughter and bonding!
I hope yall have a great weekend filled with family, friends, and laughter!
Thanks again for stopping by!